How can women leaders break through that brick wall of “bitch”? How can they manage gender expectations and still successfully climb the corporate ladder?
Breaking Through “Bitch” takes an innovative, sometimes controversial approach, using stories from executives at the highest corporate levels to show how women can hone their innate skills, rise to the top, and be effective, outstanding leaders.
It addresses head-on why women cannot and should not “act like men.”
Breaking Through "Bitch":
- Describes the unique profile of behaviors that top women leaders have in common.
- Reveals why such stereotypically feminine characteristics as nurturing, empathy, and inclusiveness are the keys to power, not signs of weakness.
- Shows how these characteristics can be equally effective for men in our fast-changing world.
“It is a must read for all women thinking about “leaning in and moving up.” I am recommending this book to all women leaders in academic medicine! ”
- Diana Farmer, M.D., Professor and Chair Department of Surgery, UC Davis School of Medicine
“This book provides great insights about the skills women have learned from being female in society that are actually very valuable skills for business leaders to have. For women who wish to get to the top, it is important to understand how to leverage these skills to achieve your goals.”
- Katina Sawyer, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Psychology, Graduate Program in Human Resource Department, Villanova University
“Mitchell’s Women’s Leadership Blueprint is truly “fit for purpose” not just for would-be women executives but for aspiring men as well.”
- J. Glade Holman, Partner, Park Li Group